Chlorine and chlorine-release compounds are frequently used as disinfectants in water treatment systems. Routine chlorination kills harmful micro-organisms and inhibits the build up of organic matter. The disinfection efficiency is a direct function of the level of free chlorine in a system. Total chlorine is the sum of combined and free chlorine.
It is essential that the right amount of chlorine is present - insufficient chlorine will decrease the disinfectant efficiency, while excess chlorine can cause process problems.
The C201 colorimeter measures free and total chlorine over the range of 0 mg/L to 6 mg/L.
- Excellent test-to-test repeatability, auto-ranging and convenience with only one vial and one sachet per test
- Fuss-free meter operation with one-time blanking for all parameters and ranges and no pre-calibration required
- No detachable parts, no flip covers high quality customised vials fit perfectly into the sample vial
- Chlorine measurements are based on US EPA-approved DPD method
- Custom formulated high quality powder reagents provide excellent accuracy, repeatibility and stability
- 100% dustproof and waterproof to IP67 standards
- Advanced power management with auto-off function and more than 3000 tests per set of four new AAA alkaline batteries